Vancouver, B.C. - West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. ("West Fraser" or the "Company") (TSX:WFT) today reported results for the second quarter of 2020. All dollar amounts in this news release are expressed in Canadian dollars.
Second Quarter Highlights:
- Sales of $1,276 million; up 7% on previous quarter.
- Lumber shipments 165 MMfbm higher than the previous quarter.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to $184 million.
- Available liquidity improved by $506 million to $800 million from March 31, 2020.
- Manufacturing operations fully resumed at virtually all facilities.
- Growth and margin improvement; investments in U.S. South beginning to show in lumber segment
- Progress on Dudley, Georgia sawmill on track