- Sales of $1.376 billion, an increase of $269 million or 24% from the fourth quarter of 2016
- Earnings of $207 million or basic EPS of $2.66
- Adjusted earnings of $201 million or Adjusted basic EPS of $2.58
- Adjusted EBITDA of $341 million or 24.8% of sales
- Cash provided by operating activities of $254 million
- Quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 declared, second increase in last six months
- Sales of $5.134 billion
- Earnings of $596 million or basic EPS of $7.63 per share
- Adjusted earnings of $659 million or Adjusted basic EPS of $8.44
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by $486 million to $1.16 billion, 22.6% of sales
- Cash provided by operating activities of $902 million
- Reinvested $336 million through capital expenditure and $526 million to growth through the acquisition of Gilman
- Returned $45 million of capital to shareholders through share buybacks and dividends
- Year-end liquidity strong with $551 million of available bank lines and $258 million of cash, net debt to capital ratio improved from 14% to 12%.
Vancouver, B.C. – West Fraser reported earnings of $207 million or $2.66 basic earnings per share on sales of $1,376 million in the fourth quarter of 2017 and earnings of $596 million or $7.63 basic earnings per share on sales of $5,134 million for 2017.
West Fraser shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol: “WFT”.
For more information:
Chris Virostek, Vice-President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Rodger Hutchinson, Vice-President, Corporate Controller and Investor Relations