Objective and Scope
The objective of this Corporate Disclosure Policy is:
- to ensure that all communications to the public by West Fraser are timely, complete and accurate,
- to ensure that such communications are broadly disseminated in accordance with all applicable Canadian legal and regulatory requirements, and
- to protect and prevent the improper use or disclosure of material information and confidential information of West Fraser.
This policy extends to all employees of West Fraser, our Board of Directors, and those authorized to speak on our behalf and all other insiders. It covers disclosure in documents filed with the securities regulators and written statements made in West Fraser’s annual and quarterly reports, news releases, letters to shareholders, presentations by senior management, and information contained on our website and other electronic communications. It extends to oral statements made in meetings and telephone conversations with analysts and investors, interviews with the media as well as speeches, press conferences and conference calls. It also extends to materials disseminated or statements made at industry or trade conferences or presentations.
This policy is in addition to and, in the case of any conflicts, supersedes West Fraser’s existing policies and practices regarding confidential information. Employees, officers and board members are reminded that they should assume that all corporate information is confidential, unless told otherwise.
References to the “Company” and “West Fraser” include West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. and all of its wholly owned subsidiaries. Other companies affiliated with West Fraser will be encouraged to adopt similar policies.
West Fraser’s policy governing Trading in Securities and Blackout Periods continues to apply, and is reaffirmed and incorporated by reference into this policy.
In this section, you will find:
- Mandate of the Board of Directors
- Composition and Size of the Board of Directors
- Committees of the Board of Directors
- Decisions Requiring Prior Approval by the Board of Directors
- New Directors
- Shareholder Feedback and Concerns
- Expectations of Management