- Wood is a 100% renewable building product, the only major building material that stores carbon for its useful lifetime
- Wood can contribute to better air quality by minimizing the accumulation of dust and microbes
- Many of West Fraser’s products are independently audited for quality assurance and environmental compliance
We are committed to producing and delivering a quality product and, as such, take steps to ensure standards are consistently met. West Fraser maintains many additional product quality standards and certifications specific to each of the products we produce.
- You can find details about additional product-specific quality and standards information in oue website's Products section
- Information about our product's life cycle assessment (LCA) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) on the Customer Health & Safety page.
For information about our environmental performance quality manaement, see Environmental Management Systems.
Our lumber is graded in compliance with the NLGA (National Lumber Grades Authority) and the NGR (National Grading Rules) which are accredited by the ALS (American Lumber Standard) and CLS (Canadian Lumber Standard). Each piece of lumber is grade-stamped showing the grade of lumber, the dryness, the mills' designated number and the accredited agency, which in turn performs routine grading checks to ensure the product meets or exceeds all standards.