It's International Day of Forests. This year, the United Nations chose the theme: Forests and Education.
We believe healthy forests mean thriving, resilient communities with prosperous economies.
Here are a few links where you can hear about what's happening in our forests and how the world is celebrating this important day:
- Forest are part of your life in more ways than you realize
- Did you know Canada has retained 90% of its original forest cover? Read FPAC news for today:
Canadians can be Proud of the Forest Industry on International Day of Forests
- Forests and Education: Learn to Love Forests!
- SFI Community Grants Feature Collaboration From 78 Different Groups Across The U.S. and Canada
- More than 300 million acres are certified to the SFI Standard
- Tablet Game Teaches How to Balance Boreal Forests
West Fraser also posts stories about our forest management activities on our website, you can read about what we are up to in Stories of Responsibility.