The Province of BC is seeking ideas and approaches to support a vibrant, diverse forest sector for British Columbia’s Interior through the Interior Forest Sector Renewal – Forest Policy Initiative.
While we believe in the long term that there is a bright future for the forest industry in B.C., today, a confluence of factors are posing significant challenges to the interior forest sector.
West Fraser wants to be a part of a competitive, environmentally responsible, sustainable forestry sector that supports workers, communities, and forestry businesses in British Columbia’s interior.
Change happens through action, and we encourage you to share your views and feedback with the Province in the Interior Forest Sector Renewal consultation.
West Fraser is a member of the Council of Forest Industries (COFI), that has released a detailed paper with more than 60 ideas for influencing change to achieve that positive future opportunity, by:
- Investing in, and protecting, our working forest land base
- Having smart rules that protect the environment and encourage investment
- Strengthening participation of Indigenous peoples and partnerships
- with communities
- Doubling down on market and product diversification
- Becoming the global hub for expertise in low-carbon, green building
BC residents: consider which ideas you support – and make your views known. Policy decisions sparked by this consultation will impact your livelihood and your community well-being.