West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Corporate Head Office located downtown Vancouver, BC has an opening for a:
Reporting to the General Manager of Transportation, the Transportation Administrator will collaborate with the transportation department, transportation providers and our mill sites in organizing transportation services as well as, troubleshooting the day to day issues that arise. Other duties involve various data collection, report preparation and maintenance of the existing database. In addition, you will provide holiday relief to other team members including our Domestic and Marine Transportation Analysts.
Strong analytical skills are essential to this role. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, is critical. The successful candidate will have well-developed interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Prepare and maintain transportation measures
- Maintain systems to facilitate the smooth and cost effective movement of goods
- Provide service/support to transportation providers and internal divisions
- Provide OTM (Oracle Transportation Management) support
- Post-secondary business degree/ diploma, with a focus on business/transportation would be considered an asset
- Two to four years experience in a related environment
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail with proven accuracy
- Self motivated and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Adaptable, with the demonstrated ability to learn in house software programs
- Works effectively in a fast paced environment
- Direct work experience in a transportation related field is an asset
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America. West Fraser has diversified products such as lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, and pulp operations across Canada and the US. We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
West Fraser strongly believes in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Our office is located in the heart of Vancouver on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.