West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the fifth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an opportunity for the role of:
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance and opportunities for the future in a green and sustainable industry? We’re looking to build our high-performing team with passionate people seeking interesting work in a dynamic environment!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future.
This position reports to the Engineering Superintendent and will be involved in the maintenance of existing mill equipment and the planning and execution of several major capital projects. This is a temporary, renewable position for one or two years, with the possibility of leading to permanent employment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management of capital projects, including construction management and contractor coordination
- Design review to maximize reliability and performance
- Responsible for the safe and efficient installation of equipment
- Acting as mill representative with design engineering firms and equipment suppliers
- Operational support and maintenance planning for existing plant equipment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Structural Engineering and eligibility for registration with APEGBC as a EIT or PEng
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to learn and succeed
- Pulp mill or heavy industry experience is an asset
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.