West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Information Technology group in Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for a:
The role of the Systems Administrator is to provide direct Tier-3 technical support for West Frasers IT infrastructure, as well as assist in the implementation of major IT projects and initiatives. This position will report directly to the Infrastructure Software Supervisor.
- Operational tasks for West Fraser systems, including: Active Directory, Certificate services, DHCP, DNS, and other Microsoft and non-Microsoft software
- Backup system maintenance and administration
- Support Citrix server environment
- Support end-point environment and application deployment (Bitlocker, SCCM, Intune, etc.)
- Support IP telephony deployment and system administration
- Administration and support of video conference solution (Teams)
- Support Disaster Recovery configuration, documentation and testing
- Support and use tools for performance monitoring, space management and reorganization, patching and quality assurance
- Participate in development of a Standard Operating Environment (SOE), ensuring compliance with the SOE of all hardware and software changes, and accurately creating and maintaining all system documentation
- Assists with site infrastructure installations
- Use IT Service Management, Change Management and other tools to manage issue resolution and changes to production systems
- Implement technical solutions, troubleshooting and optimization as directed
- Provide ‘out of business hours’ support to ensure security and integrity, continuity and availability of infrastructure and systems
- Actively work with fellow team members to increase infrastructure team knowledge and skills
- As required, work with IT vendors on approved tasks/projects
- Other duties as directed by the IT Manager
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Strong current knowledge of Windows Server technologies
- Well-rounded understanding of backup technologies
- Experience with Active Directory, domain environments and related services
- PowerShell scripting knowledge and experience
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Citrix support experience an asset
- Experience with Azure cloud environments an asset
- Linux system administration experience an asset
- Knowledge of storage, network, communications and other technologies an asset
Education & Experience
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or MIS from a recognized public or private program and/or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Microsoft infrastructure certifications an asset
- Demonstrated success in alignment with West Fraser values
This position may require occasional travel within Canada and the United States of America. Work coverage includes West Fraser business operations and participation in on-call rotation schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work to perform scheduled maintenance, respond to service interruptions, and to meet deadlines.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.