West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, training, and development to hourly personnel by managing the process flow, resources and work force to meet and exceed established budgets and performance objectives. This opportunity is located at our Russellville, AR mill.
Required skills and experience include:
- Maintain high safety performance standards
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the sawmill
- Establish and maintain quality and production standards for the sawmill
- Optimize functional area including production, scheduling, and asset utilization
- Quality-control experience
- Excellent team-building and motivational skills
- Understanding of accounting and financial metrics for a sawmill operation
Other requirements include:
- Experience in the lumber or wood products business a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
Internal Candidates: We encourage you to apply using UltiPro's online application. Please login to your UltiPro account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My Company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)