West Fraser is a growing, diversified wood products company with locations in western Canada and the southern United States. North America’s largest lumber producer, West Fraser has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers six times. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology group, with locations in Vancouver & Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for a:
The Supervisor, Master Data and Business Intelligence will manage the resources and develop the strategy for defining, collecting, consolidation, and distribution of data across applications and reporting platforms.
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective business intelligence and data warehousing technologies
- Create and execute plans to realize the data management and governance vision, which contains the following elements: data cleansing, data governance, data analytics, data refresh, acquisition of external data (structured and unstructured) and external data exposure
- Establish policy, procedures, and review the entry of new master data for completeness, accuracy and compliance with internal business processes
- Support the business in developing the long-term improvement plans, ensuring there are clear action plans in place which are being executed and delivered against, supporting in the execution of the plans where necessary, and measuring and tracking delivery
- Develop and adhere to business intelligence and master data budgets and forecasts
- Work with the customer to develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for business intelligence spending and initiatives
- Stay abreast of current business intelligence and master data management trends and technologies
- Active participation in the IT leadership team, contributing to strategic and tactical shared goals, and contributing to the overall leadership goals of IT
- Manage quality of data on an ongoing basis and providing thought leadership on data governance
- Establish and ensure sustainment of data infrastructure, including interacting with vendors and internal infrastructure and application teams to complete the implementation and maintain a repository and reporting solution
- Facilitate adoption of a business intelligence solution through the organization
- Establish and enforce governance of data to ensure data is robust, complete, accurate and available, including identifying and supporting data stewardship across the business
- Support data analytics strategies (e.g. outcome prediction) by implementing machine learning techniques
- Supervise business intelligence and master data management staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Manage department operational day to day activities such as developing business requirements, project planning, development of team resources, allocation of resources, customer service level agreements, and other typical IT managerial issues
- The supervisor is accountable for the execution of business intelligence and master data management projects and customer satisfaction.
- University degree or equivalent
- Certificates or proven experience in Data Management or Data Governance
- Experience participating in at least one business transformation through data and/or analytics
- Minimum 5 years of Data Management, delivering complex data management engagements including all phases of the project life cycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live
- Five years of related experience in a managerial capacity, preferably in a data analytic and data warehousing department
- Demonstrated experience in data architecture design and development, database development and management, and cross-functional team experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to deliver powerful presentations and proposals and interact with senior clients
- Experience leading Agile development efforts; planning multiple large projects, managing time, resources, priorities and goal achievement
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.