West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years and Top Employer for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Our Quesnel Plywood Division has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role on our Quesnel Plywood Finance team is a temporary position with possibility for full time.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inventory management
- Weekly cycle counts
- Issue and distribute parts and supplies for internal use
- Process inventory requisitions
- Reconcile purchase orders to invoices
- Ensure the accuracy of sales tax (GST and PST) and identify and calculate self-assessments where required
- Back up for purchasing and accounts payable roles
- Filing and photocopying as required
- Support to the team in additional junior duties as needed
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Post-secondary training in administration or accounting or 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working with parts and stores inventory
- Forklift experience and working in an industrial environment is an asset
- Experience in Oracle Purchasing and Oracle Payables is an asset
- High degree of accuracy with numbers and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing workloads and tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, advanced Excel skills
- A self-starter with the initiative to learn and grow
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia, offering affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.