Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and nominated as one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Chetwynd Forest Products division has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting to the Chetwynd Forest Industries General Manager, you will be responsible for safe and optimum operation of the Bioenergy plant just recently constructed and commissioned in 2015.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to the Bioenergy plant operating crew
- Safety management including orientation, training, worker observations, identifying and correcting safety hazards, accident and near miss investigations, emergency protection systems and site audits
- Ensuring optimum manning and operation of the Bioenergy plant
- Operating cost control
- Contractor management
- Inventory control of hog fuel, consumables and waste products
- Reliability management including monitoring oil analysis and vibration analysis reports, planning and scheduling maintenance, operator care rounds, lubrication and spare parts management
Preferred candidates will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A 3rd class power engineering certificate
- Industrial experience preferably including Thermal oil and/or power generation
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
Candidates with strong supervisory experience without power engineering certification will also be considered, with the expectation that the appropriate certification will be obtained within a reasonable time frame.
The Chetwynd Bioenergy plant uses leading edge technology to generate up to 12MW of electrical energy from sawmill waste products. The plant consists of a hog fuel handling system, two large thermal oil furnaces, two Turboden Organic Rankine Cycle turbine/generators, two cooling towers and water treatment system including reverse osmosis. The plant has extensive state of the art safety systems. Operation of the plant is completed with ongoing remote plant oversight and support from key equipment suppliers. The corporate energy group also provides technical guidance and assistance.
West Fraser offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Located in northern BC, Chetwynd has a population of approximately 2,600 and features extensive indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities. Chetwynd has an ice arena, wave pool, curling rink, rock climbing wall, indoor walking track, outdoor walking paths, outdoor speed skating oval, indoor rodeo facility, baseball diamonds, skateboard park, fitness center and nearby ski hill.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.