West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and has been rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers four years in a row. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an immediate opening in Quesnel or Vancouver, BC for a:
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and designing the best overall business solutions that advance both business and IT strategy. You will design efficient and effective solutions that deliver the desired business benefits while considering best practices and alignment with vendor strategy. You will work closely with West Fraser’s business representatives to ensure that solutions are properly designed for each specific business case while working closely with your IT team to design, configure, develop, and deploy on-time and on-budget. To succeed, you need to have a strong knowledge of software implementation methodologies and experience with large ERP installations. You need to be hands-on, with excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate efficiently with all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a proven solution development track record and an ability to learn and adapt to new systems and business environments. Experience with international sales and logistics in a manufacturing environment will be an asset.
- Manages new requests, refines their understanding through stakeholder interaction, translates requests into work products with measurable business value, and prioritizes work products according to the guidance of the supporting business unit
- Lead the architectural design, implementation and administration of systems and processes resulting in economical, efficient and standardized configurations, processes and software to support our business solutions
- Create solution architecture documents that describe the solution in a top down approach: context diagrams, use cases, flows, and other related documents
- Actively contribute to the continuous enhancement of the team and the platform, by bringing innovative ideas and solutions on how to enrich the applications, processes, delivery, communication, or strategy
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Stay current and provide expertise on application architecture principles, approaches and best practices
- Responsible for meeting targets and ensuring assigned teams meet stated goals
- Collaborate with the business, business analysts, application and system support, developers, and infrastructure group in conceptualizing and developing new software solutions and applications
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of products and for resolution of any issues
- Recommend, schedule, and coordinate software improvements and upgrades
- Ensure solution alignment with business and IT strategy, standards and policies
- May be responsible for supervising and directing a team of IT resources, including organizing and prioritizing work
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience
- Experience in API-related technologies: authentication patterns, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, HTTP
- High aptitude in business analysis, integration, testing, data management, and end-to-end process facilitation
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Strong knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal, listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to train, coach and recognize team members
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A valid driver’s license
This position will require regular travel between the Company’s sales offices in Quesnel, BC, Vancouver, BC, and Memphis, TN.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of the city on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds interesting to you, apply online today. Deadline: July 31, 2018
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.