West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. The Woodland’s Team at our Pacific Inland Resources Division has an opportunity for a highly motivated, professional forester for the opportunity of:
As a Silviculture Forester you will work with a team of professionals responsible for all reforestation activities. Our Silviculture Foresters enjoy a balanced mix of field and office work, while living in the community of Smithers, BC.
- As a Silviculture Forester, you would be responsible for all aspects of reforestation in a designated area.
- Developing plans and prescriptions, contract administration, contractor supervision, data collection, reporting, and budget preparation.
- Program coordination with other members of the Silviculture team and the Planning and Operations Departments.
- Additional responsibilities include monitoring contractor compliance with safe operating procedures, ISO and SFI certifications, and health and safety programs.
- Consulting various stakeholders
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A forestry, natural resources, or relevant degree or diploma
- A Registered Professional Forester or Technologist Designation (RPF or RFT), with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) or the College of Alberta Professional Foresters
- 1-5 years of relevant silviculture experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proven organizational skills, and a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges
- Experience with ArcMap
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
Candidates with lesser experience or qualifications may be considered for this position or other positions within our Woodlands Team
At West Fraser, we believe in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. We are looking for individuals who are interested in career advancement and progression through various aspects of our business. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Smithers is a welcoming, small Northern BC town with stunning vistas in all directions. An abundance of summer activities including fishing, boating, camping and hiking attracts both locals and visiting outdoor enthusiasts. The downtown has an alpine feel which adds to the town’s attraction and charm.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.