West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Sawfiler position is a valuable role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in knife, band saws, and gang saw changes
- Work with babbit and mill guides properly using knife usability knowledge
- Able to maintain saw guides
- Troubleshoot knife, gang, band saws, and guide problems
- Sharpen, repair and maintain circular saws, band saws, and knives properly
- Must be able to operate and understand precision measuring and grinding equipment
Required skills and experience include:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts
- Have 3 years of work experience as a band saw filer
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform all tasks in accordance with West Fraser safety policies and procedures
- Recognize and support our team culture, communicating effectively with all team members
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, drug screen test and physical
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)