Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser is currently seeking a high caliber candidate for a permanent full-time position Sales Accountant at our Corporate Operations head office in Quesnel, BC.
As a key part of the Sales Finance team, your role will be to provide accounting support and guidance on all issues impacting the sales team.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Learning and understanding all components of sales accounting from order to cash,
- Playing a key role in month end accounting duties,
- Product sales journal entries, payable and receivable reconciliations and various analysis,
- Providing support for the sales management team,
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert in sales and receivable accounting,
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Accounting background,
- Individuals with other business experience may be considered,
- Well-established organizational skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- A detailed and proactive approach to work,
- A high level of motivation and energy,
- A strong computer systems skill set.
Considered an asset:
- Experience in the forest products industry
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or JD Edwards software
West Fraser is diversified in both products and geography. The company has lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the southeast U.S. We believe that our people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia, offering affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.