Risk Based Inspection Coordinator
West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. We continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join our team.
What we need:
An accomplished project manager to coordinate the full implementation of a Risk Based Inspection program for our PV&T programs at our two Kraft Mills in Hinton, AB and Quesnel, BC.
This is two-year, term position with the potential to be based out of Quesnel or Hinton. Reasonable relocation expenses will be covered.
- Directly reports to the Corporate Turnaround & RBI Manager
- Will receive guidance from an external consultant fluent in RBI program implementation in the pulp industry
- Will interface with the senior Engineering and Inspection personnel at both mills
- Will lead mill personnel in the data collection and analysis as well as focused inspection plans
- Will require travel between both mill sites and can be stationed in either location
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that our program is compliant with ABSA under AB-505
- Working with mill Engineering supervision and management as well as external consultants to develop schedules for program implementation
- Defining a consistent approach to how fixed process assets will be categorised
- Providing support and direction to mill maintenance engineers with respect to compilation of existing data on equipment inspection and failure history
- Leading team discussions on corrosion loop identification and associated process parameters / operating conditions
- Leading team discussions on degradation mechanisms
- Leading team discussions on probability of failure and probability of detection
- Leading team discussions on failure consequence
- Leading team discussions on relative risk ranking
- Leading the development of inspection plans focused on the degradation mechanisms of concern
- Development of additional tools as necessary to calculate actual risk and evaluation of mitigation techniques per API 581
- Optimization of Inspection plans within our Turnaround windows and intervals
You need to have:
- Previous experience in a pulp mill or related industry working on at least one aspect related to risk based inspection
- Qualification for API 580 certification (eventual certification will be required as part of this role)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well established organizational and project management skills
- Strong team building skills
We would like you to have:
One of the following backgrounds:
- Materials Engineering;
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with some materials engineering experience;
- Inspection experience with an API 510 or 570 license
- API 580 certification
- Experience in RBI implementation at a Pulp & Paper facility
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management including Management of Change and Quantitative Risk Assessment
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.