Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the growing and dynamic role of:
The successful candidate will have strong mechanical knowledge, exemplary computer skills, a keen interest in reliability, an attitude that all failures are preventable, effective problem solving skills, and a desire to improve processes/equipment. CPP provides an exciting and collaborative work environment for an engineer who is seeking challenge and growth.
Reporting to the Maintenance and Reliability Manager, your responsibilities would include:
- Predictive and preventative maintenance support, root cause investigation participation, and implementation of continuous improvement strategies using accepted best practices.
- Provide support with respect to equipment modifications, capital projects, maintenance support for shutdowns, troubleshooting, and working with outside contractors and specialists.
- Support operational activities such as equipment assessment, materials verification, trouble shooting, and preparing operational/maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, and control systems.
- Applying value analysis for decisions to repair versus replace, repair versus redesign and build versus buy decisions.
- Being accountable for project safety, costs, scheduling and construction/contractor resources.
- Collaborating with the leadership team in coordinating strategic area reliability plans.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills
- Outstanding computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the motivation to advance
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive salaries, Cariboo offers an outstanding pension plan, flexible benefits package, opportunities for training and development, and a stable, rewarding career. Cariboo also offers an attractive relocation package.
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a leading producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000.airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.