West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
- Consult managers, area coordinators, engineers and other stakeholders to define scope and objective of data projects
- Translate concepts and ideas into clearly defined quantitative models and process optimization objectives that capture both business and user requirements
- Work with IT, engineers, and applications developers to explore, clean, and manipulate data to prepare data sets for machine learning / statistical modelling
- Assist in the design, implementation, and evaluation of data models, including the use of multivariate techniques
- Communicate results of data driven modeling projects both in terms of development status and ongoing operational findings and actions
- Provide input on user interfaces for models that are easily accessible to users from varying backgrounds (plant operators, engineers, IT professionals etc.)
- Establish processes that allow others to successfully adopt and maintain model applications with minimal oversight, and act as liaison between data applications development and operational departments as well as the executive
- Diagnose existing models in MPC controllers in the plant and provide decision support for MPC implementation and instrumentation
- Act as an in-house strategic translator by providing independent verification and thoughtful critique of third party data analysis and data products
- Must be self-driven and motivated to learn new data science skills with minimal supervision
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adapt in order to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in working with applications developers, IT, and other technical domains
- Experience in communicating and presenting data and technical concepts to audiences with varying backgrounds
- Degree in math/statistics or engineering
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)