West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Assist with the development and refinement of a reliability program (preventive/ predictive/conditioned based) in a systematic, professional manner-coordinating all efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance to ensure the program care services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due. Administration, control and analysis of all data, records, and equipment histories for continual review.
- Development of solutions to chronic repetitive failures and process/equipment problems; implementing ways of reducing the need for maintenance; and ultimately eliminating the occurrence of failures. Repetitive failures are identified and the process care is refined, dynamic and relevant:
- Review of predictive and other inspections
- Analysis of equipment histories, maintenance cost reports
- Analysis of process failures
- Review of service and inspection records
- Analysis of work order data
Responsibilities (but are not limited to the following):
- Failure Analysis Responsibilities
- Root Cause Failure Analysis:
- Ensure that the system flow from Reliability Event to Incident Investigation Report to Root Cause Failure Analysis is followed
- Become proficient in utilization of RCFA methodology
- Area Chronic Problem List:
- Data mining of tasks requiring maximum cost and maintenance resources.
- Assist with developing and administer an overall preventive/predictive maintenance program, update existing programs, add new equipment to existing programs.
- Learn to specify repair techniques for major repetitive tasks, such as component replacements, develop standards specifying the end product and the resources needed for these tasks.
- Train to assist for selected mechanics by area in the techniques of:
- Vibration analysis
- Infrared detection
- Ultrasonic testing
- Temperature analysis
- Lubrications analysis
- Analyze equipment histories to identify specific repetitive failures and effectively address identified areas.
- Review developed Process Care procedures with staff, securing, "owner" approval prior to implementation.
- Analyze planned idleness of operating equipment to develop and improve Process Care schedules.
- Periodically compare Process Care frequencies to downtime reports and equipment histories to ~ identify where frequencies require adjustment-up or down. Refine the frequencies on an "economic" basis to avoid "over maintenance."
- Review equipment failures. Determine what PM action might have been taken to prevent failure in order to protect against reoccurrence. Revise PM instructors accordingly.
- Regularly review downtime reports and equipment histories to identify reoccurring maintenance problems requiring attention. Find solutions to the identified situations.
- Apply value analysis to make maintenance decisions, i.e. repair/replace and repair/redesign.
- Participate in new installations, including those done by contractors, to ensure their maintainability and reliability.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)