Region Human Resources Manager
West Fraser - US
West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 22 lumber-producing locations throughout the U.S. South. The position is located at West Fraser’s corporate headquarters in the US in Germantown, Tennessee. The Region Human Resources Manager will report to the Human Resources Manager for the US business.
- Understands, supports and communicates West Fraser’s culture
- Supports operational Region and Mill Managers at multiple manufacturing locations
- Helps develop, implement and maintain the Human Resources plan for each operation
- Works diligently to accomplish business and location Human Resources goals
- Works with the operations to improve hourly recruiting, interviewing and selection
- Spends significant time in the operations
- Determines root causes of hourly turnover, develops plans to reduce and helps the mills to achieve hourly turnover goals
- Develops plans to improve hourly skills and close gaps
- Develops long-term staffing, headcount and pay plans that align with Company goals
- Works to improve the skills of Human Resources Administrators at the mills
- Helps develop pay-for-skills and other pay systems
- Assists with contract negotiations when appropriate
- Ensures compliance with West Fraser policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance at the mills to federal, state and local employment and labor laws
- Conducts investigations as needed
- Helps develop and conduct training for the operations
- Assists other Human Resources corporate staff as needed
- Works on other priorities as assigned by the Human Resources Manager - US
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Five years’ experience as a Human Resources professional in a manufacturing environment or a satisfactory combination of production, management and Human Resources experience
- Human Resources certification (PHR, SPHR or equivalent) is highly preferred. The exceptional candidate may be allowed to obtain certification after hire
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Able to work in a highly collaborative way
- Has a high-level of safety consciousness
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Can work effectively in a matrix organization
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel up to 50% is required
- Relocation is provided
Pay and Benefits:
- This is a senior-level position in the Company. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, pension and 401-k savings plans, and vacation
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
West Fraser Employees must apply by your UltiPro Account (https://t11.ultipro.ca/). Please login to your UltiPro account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
All persons meeting the criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D