West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Williams Lake Plywood division has an opportunity for an exceptional:
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
As the Production Supervisor, you will lead a crew in our Production department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure consistent mill operations and achieving operating target goals
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting employees
- Maintain positive morale amongst employees and foster management/employee relations
- Strong commitment to safety, ensuring Health and Safety is maintained as priority, leading by example, ensure all team members follow policies, procedures and WBC regulations
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal, decision making, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Flexible availability to work 12-hour shifts
- Heavy industry experience
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Proficient with MS Office, Dynastar
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience and qualifications
- in the forest industry
Williams Lake has a population of approximately 11,000 residents. The city is a hub for forestry, mining and transportation and offers residents an abundance of outdoor adventures including skiing, hiking and mountain biking. Check out williamslake.ca for more information about the community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply in confidence today, by submitting your resume and cover letter to www.westfraser.com/jobs
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.