West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. Today, the company carries on its operations through subsidiary companies and joint ventures owned directly or indirectly by the company’s principal operating subsidiary West Fraser Mills. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 14 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The position is located at the Maplesville, Alabama, sawmill operation. The Production Supervisor will report to the Production Superintendent.
- Supervision of hourly production employees
- Cost control
- Production efficiency and lumber recovery
- Product grade yield and quality
- Equipment maintenance
- Production reporting
- Safety management
- Compliance to company rules and policies
- Required skills and experience include:
- Broad maintenance experience in a sawmill environment
- Understanding of quality control principles and practices
- Team building and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Scheduling skills
- Basic computer skills
- Good math and reading comprehension skills
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- West Fraser, Inc. offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans
- Relocation is negotiable
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D