West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
The successful candidate must be competent and qualified to conduct timber cruising, timber appraisals, SFI auditing and be able to ensure compliance with all appropriate best management practices. The candidate we are seeking should have well-honed procurement skills and must be willing to take on higher level responsibilities or a position of leadership if called upon.
- Must have a 4-year degree in Forestry
- A minimum of 5 years of procurement experience is preferred
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be competent and qualified to conduct timber cruising, timber appraisals, SFI auditing and be able to ensure compliance with all appropriate best management practices
- Have well-honed procurement skills
- Willing to take a higher level of responsibility or a position of leadership when called upon
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
Current Employees: Apply using UltiPro's online application. Login to your UltiPro account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My Company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace
Bachelor or better in Forestry or related field.