West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company listed on the TSX. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employer for Recent Graduates, West Fraser is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Slave Lake Pulp is a BCTMP (bleached chemical thermo-mechanical pulp) world leading producer and has a unique bioenergy plant that generates green power from biogas. We have a professional, collegial, team-oriented work environment. We have an opportunity for a:
We are looking for a motivated 4th Class Power Engineer to join our Production department on shift basis. Candidates who have partially completed the 4th class requirements or have a technical diploma or degree will also be taken into consideration.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of the pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating target goals
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Operating a wide variety of equipment including boilers and pressure vessels
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as a power engineer
- A 4th class power engineering certificate or technical/engineering degree or diploma
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
The Town of Slave Lake is located two and a half hours northwest of Edmonton, in Alberta. With a population of approximately 7,000 and regarded by many as "The Jewel of the North," Slave Lake is a progressive, dynamic community. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Slave Lake’s welcoming community. For more on Slave Lake, visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.