West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills to fill the position of:
PROCESS ENGINEERING SUPERINTENDENT
Reporting to the Technical and Engineering Manager, the Process Engineering Superintendent will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of process engineers with a focus on safety, productivity, environmental performance, quality and cost improvement initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and implementing process optimization opportunities with the process engineers
- Collaborating with operations and maintenance stakeholders to provide process support for daily issues
- Collaborating with technical and industry committees such as FPInnovations and Paptac
- Team building and mentoring a group of process engineers with varying experience levels
- Preparing personal development plans with individual team members
- Ensuring team supports the Capital Project Delivery Process including justifications and post completion audits
- Coordinate process cleaning projects during annual maintenance outages
- Provide oversight in downtime and area reliability tracking
- Ensure process documentation and procedures such as trial reports, lost production investigations, and process flow diagrams are adhered to
- A Chemical Engineering degree from an accredited institution; other disciplines may be considered
- 5 - 10 years of experience in an industrial process engineering role
- Previous leadership experience is an asset
- Previous pulp and paper experience is an asset
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to lead, progress, learn, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.