Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join our team. Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an exciting, 8 month co-op employment opportunity for a chemical engineering student starting in May 2018.
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, opportunities for the future, challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Process Engineering Superintendent and will participate in several process optimization studies. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated student who is seeking a rewarding opportunity to work relatively independently.
- Laboratory experience is an asset
- Currently enrolled in a recognized post-secondary Chemical Engineering Program at a BC university
- Previous co-op experience is a strong asset
- Previous industrial experience is an asset
- Available for 8 months, starting in May 2018
- Safety first attitude
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills
- Positive and self-motivated
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of computer systems and software
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Demonstration of excellence
Cariboo Pulp has just over 300 employees. Cariboo Pulp is a joint venture between its managing partner, West Fraser Mills and Daishowa Marubeni International. In addition to producing nearly 1000 tonnes per day of pulp, Cariboo Pulp is an electrical exporter.
Quesnel is located in the central interior of BC and has a relatively dry climate with warm summers. Quesnel services a population of around 30,000 people and is ideally suited for outdoor adventurers. Quesnel has many lakes and rivers to swim in as well as many other activities such as golfing, hiking, camping, and biking.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application including your resume, cover letter, and a transcript of your grades at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.