West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for individuals interested in a long-term career with us. Slave Lake Pulp, a division of West Fraser Mills is presently accepting applications for the position of:
Confidentiality, strong communication skills and commitment to their own and other’s health and safety are required for this position.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser values of integrity, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect for fellow employees.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor the process and keep it on track
- Define and evaluate process deficiences by working closely with other technical and with production personnel
- Developing and implementing solutions to problems
- Developing and undertaking trials and implementing process changes with the goals of increased quality and production and lowering costs
- Liaise with Engineering to ensure the best capital projects are submitted for Corporate consideration
- Working with research facilities, consultants, and mill lab personnel to develop test programs to investigate mill issues
- Developing technical and financial analysis documents for capital projects
- Acting as process expert on teams formed to investigate root cause analysis of significant mill issues.
- Technically able to learn the mill proactively
- Self-starter who takes action
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to proactively follow up on requests
- Able trouble-shooter and problem solver.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Slave Lake Pulp is a 240,000 tpy BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement, through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture.
Slave Lake is a town of approximately 7,000 residents and has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, visit www.westfraser.com/jobs and click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.