Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates for 2017, we continue to grow. West Fraser offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path. Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an opening for the role of:
2nd CLASS POWER ENGINEER
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to a shift crew
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operation of the pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating targets
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Supervising operation of a wide variety of equipment including:
- Power/package boilers
- Chemical recovery boiler
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A 2nd class power engineering certificate
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development and advancement, as well as the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.