West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
2nd CLASS POWER ENGINEER
Reporting to the P&R Manager, the successful candidate will ensure the safe and efficient operation of our Black Liquor Recovery Boilers, Biomass Hog Boiler, one rising film and one falling film evaporators, a Back-Pressure Turbine and Double Extraction Condensing Turbine capable of 50 MW, Demineralizer, and auxiliary systems.
We will provide comprehensive mentorship focusing on teamwork, supervision and leadership. Working towards continued improvement, we believe in providing developmental opportunities to enable growth and advancement within our organization to create an exciting and fulfilling career. We are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company!
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to a shift crew
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operation of the pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating targets
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Supervising operation of a wide variety of equipment including:
- Power/package boilers
- Chemical recovery boiler
The successful candidate must have:
- Valid 2nd Class Power Engineer Certificate or 3rd Class with significant progress towards 2nd Class
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Industrial experience is a strong asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.