Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Cariboo Pulp & Paper, a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC, has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this role will gain exposure to the full cycle of accounting and all matters impacting the financial team on site. This is an exciting opportunity with the ultimate goal of promoting the selected candidate to Divisional Controller in one of our Canadian Operations as opportunities arise.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
- Preparation and processing of various month end duties including journal entries, financial statement package, related mandatory reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Involvement as a key member of the management team on site
- Coordination and compilation of annual business plan
- Assisting mill management in department cost control, cost/benefit analysis and providing financial information and recommendations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the CPA program
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Well established organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- A detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.