Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? The Woodland’s Team at our Chetwynd Forest Industries division has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, as the Planning Supervisor you will be primarily responsible for harvest planning activities within assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of operational plans (Final Harvest Plan, Annual Operating Plan)
- Field work including cutblock and road layout
- Supervision of contractors and seasonal company staff
- Communication with government of British Columbia, including various stakeholder groups
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Forester Tech (RPFT) designation for British Columbia (or be eligible and willing to earn this designation)
- Strong proficiency with GIS applications
- Strong commitment to safety
- Be a dynamic, career-minded individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with proven organizational skills
Considered an Asset:
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years of related experience
- Previous leadership experience
At West Fraser, we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Located in northern BC, Chetwynd has a population of approximately 2,600 and features extensive indoor and outdoor recreation opportunities. Chetwynd has an ice arena, wave pool, curling rink, rock climbing wall, indoor walking track, outdoor walking paths, outdoor speed skating oval, indoor rodeo facility, baseball diamonds, skateboard park, fitness center, access to hunting, hiking and a nearby ski hill.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.