Planer Mill Supervisor
West Fraser Timber Co Ltd. is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 21 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The position of Planer Supervisor is located at the McDavid, Florida sawmill operation. This position will be responsible for safety, planer production, cost management, maintenance, quality, and other assignments.
Required skills and experience include:
- Prior experience as a supervisor or equivalent
- Demonstrative safety leadership
- Excellent team-building and motivational skills
- Understanding of accounting and financial metrics for a mill operation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Other requirements include:
- Understands and Demonstrates Quality-control processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Relocation is negotiable
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, pension, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We encourage you to apply using UltiPro's online application. Please login to your UltiPro account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My Company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)