Are you ready to discover opportunity with one of North America's most successful forest companies? West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future. Our Blue Ridge Woodlands team has an opportunity for an:
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the Operations Supervisor will work individually and with a team of professionals responsible for all aspects of forest operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise timber harvesting, hauling, road construction and related operations
- Ensure that production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Contract management, contractor supervision, liaison with government officials and coordination with planning and silviculture
Desired Qualifications and Qualities:
- Operational background in logging and hauling would be an asset but this is an entry level position;
- Commitment to safety and responsible forest stewardship;
- Self-motivated and team oriented;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership in a group setting;
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Forest Technologist (RPFT) designation for Alberta (or be eligible and willing to earn this designation).
At West Fraser, we believe in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. We are looking for individuals who are interested in career advancement for progression through various aspects of our business. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Blue Ridge is located near the growing, family-friendly community of Whitecourt, Alberta, and is a short one and half hour drive from Edmonton. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and Blue Ridge areas.
If this position sounds like the start of a career for you, submit your cover letter and resume at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.