Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business?
Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the dynamic role of:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with mill personnel, providing direction, support and training in order to develop and implement initiatives and maintain a robust safety program. A high degree of professionalism and leadership is required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a safety resource to the mill management and workforce.
- Develop and implement safety programs and systems.
- Monitor the safety program and systems and make recommendations for changes.
- Monitor legislative changes to the Act, Regulations and Code, reporting and making changes as required.
- Supervise and provide leadership to the First Aid/Security department as well as the Fire Crew.
- Develop and provide recommendation on short and long term safety management objectives.
- Manage the WorkSafeBC claims management process.
- Be a liaison between Government OH&S officers and other government agencies.
- Be the prime contact during inspections including external and internal safety audits.
- Provide leadership in the management of incident investigations, reporting and tracking.
- Be proactive, maintain a positive presence. Must be well-organized, able to multi-task and have a strong work ethic.
- Health and Safety Certificate or post-secondary degree in Occupational Health & Safety Management.
- Work experience in an industrial environment would be an asset.
- Auditor training and incident investigation training would be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well established organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer software and applications.
- The desires to progress, learn, grow, and succeed.
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement, and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.