West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and has been rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for five years. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has an immediate opening in Quesnel or Vancouver, BC for a:
The successful candidate will be responsible for network services including, WANs, LANs, radio data connections, and enterprise wireless implementations. Additionally, the Network Engineer team is responsible for all edge and internal security points, and secure transit paths using current and next generation firewalls. This individual is part of a team of engineers responsible for West Fraser’s Private Cloud and cybersecurity incident response. Further, the Network Engineer team is responsible for network access control (wired and wireless), and corporate telephony. The Network Engineer team works closely with West Fraser manufacturing in order to integrate operational technologies (OT) with business IT infrastructure. Further, the Network Engineer team is responsible for resolving Tier 3 issues as well as resolving and remediating incidents as directed by the cybersecurity Incident Response Team.
A key function of the Engineer’s role will be to contribute to the group’s technology roadmap for the organization. The technology roadmap outlines Corporate IT Technology strategy along with the underlying enabling technologies that will facilitate West Frasers overall business and manufacturing objectives, both current and near term.
- Timely response to issues affecting network services
- Effective management and maintenance of all edge and internal security points, and the secure transit paths that utilize current and next generation firewall technologies
- Work closely with members of the Incident Response Team to remediate all security incidents as directed
- Work closely with the major IT department groups on both reactive and proactive security remediation tasks and projects
- Design, implement, manage and maintain the IT/OT infrastructure
- Collaborate with management and IT department resources to assess near and long-term network capacity needs
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- As directed, work with and manage vendors and contractors
The ideal candidate:
- Must be able to work well in an environment that can present rapidly developing and evolving situations requiring reactive remediation or containment strategies
- Must be able to quickly identify the scope and impact of incidents on the organization at both the enterprise and divisional levels in order to determine an appropriate response
- Have eight or more years of enterprise level network work experience as a network administrator or engineer
- Have strong knowledge of IP networking technologies is a requirement
- Have strong knowledge of switching and routing protocols
- Have strong knowledge of VPN and encryption technologies
- Have knowledge of Next Generation firewall technologies
- Have knowledge of HP Aruba technologies, including ClearPass and AirWave
- Have strong problem-solving and organisational skills
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be highly motivated and self-directed
- Must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members
- Have a valid driver’s license
This position will require occasional travel in Canada and to and from the United States of America.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of the city on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.
If this position sounds interesting to you, apply online today.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.