West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers five years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package. Our Manning Forest Products division currently has an opportunity for a:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for maintaining a large fleet of log loaders, forklifts, butt-n-tops, and log trucks with a team of mechanics and support.
You play an integral role in the day to day operation of the Mobile Shop by providing consistent leadership to all personnel.
- Ensuring that all work is being conducted in a safe and efficient manner and procedures are followed
- Identifying inefficiencies in the process in order to control costs
- Ensure environmental compliance
- Interact effectively with other departments
- Ordering, sourcing parts
- Conversion to inventoried parts program
- Proven professional leader, highly motivated, adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of heavy equipment an asset
- Inventory and stores experience
- Preventative Maintenance Program experience
- Grade 12 diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Mechanical/process aptitude along with excellent trouble shooting abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Post- Secondary education or Mechanical trade ticket an asset
- Experience in Forestry, preferred
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located 99 kilometers from Peace River and approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated around the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails. Manning and its surrounding area is a paradise for hunting, fishing, quadding and snowmobiling.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.