West Fraser operates several sawmills across the U.S. South and a Corporate office in Germantown, Tennessee. The business has approximately 2,400 employees and twenty-one plants. West Fraser is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of West Fraser Timber Co. LTD., Canada.
Successful applicant will be allowed an appropriate amount of time to train for this job. The trainee must be willing to work any shift.
General Skills Required:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance, disciplinary and safety record
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to perform the physical and safety requirements that make up the essential functions of this job.
- Working in tight, close spaces, and hot areas for a short period of time
- Demonstrate the ability to follow all safety procedures and rules including general safety rules, BJA's, SOP's, ZES, Hazard Communication and all other rules;
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player by: A) Participating in team meetings, contributing by asking questions and listening to what is being said. B) Being constructive and tactful with all team members. C) Treating everyone with respect. D) Utilizing uptime doing daily P.M. of equipment, fabricating, rebuilding spare parts and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be safety oriented and comply with ZES
- Experienced with electrical arc welding
- Must be knowledgeable with gasoline and diesel engines
- Experienced in oxygen, acetylene, cutting and welding brazing
- Experienced with plant lubrication requirements
- Experienced with hydraulics to include basic troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of precision measurements being able to identify and properly use in layout work
- Responsible for service and PM's on mobile equipment wash station
- Subject to be called in after normal working hours
- Maintain daily housekeeping standards
- Must supply own tools according to the list provided by West Fraser
- Experienced in 12 and 24 volt elect. systems
- Keep records on equipment/rolling stock
- Comprehend shop manual and parts manual
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Successfully pass the plant maintenance qualification test
West Fraser offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k) savings plans.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D