West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for seven years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive wage, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan. Our Blue Ridge Lumber division, in Blue Ridge, AB, has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting directly to Department Supervisor, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Lumber Yard. Higher consideration will be granted to those who have previous experience in the wood remanufacturing sector, in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products.
- Operating a forklift in a timely and efficient manner
- Loading and unloading full packages of lumber throughout the process
Position requirements include:
- Must have an excellent safety record
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Must perform all job assignments in an effective and timely manner with minimal supervision
- A minimum of six (6) months in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- High School Diploma or GED
- Forklift drivers certificate or heavy equipment loader certificate would be an asset
- Ability to work rotating shift, holidays and weekends
Blue Ridge is a family-friendly community located northwest of Edmonton and offers excellent year round recreational activities. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Blue Ridge area. To learn more visit: http://woodlands.ac.ca
If you are interested in the opportunity to participate in an environment where innovation and a personal commitment to safety, quality and the environment count, respond at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click “apply now”, in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.