West Fraser operates several sawmills across the U.S. South and a Corporate office in Germantown, Tennessee. The business has approximately 3,200 employees and twenty-two plants in the U.S.. West Fraser is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of West Fraser Timber Co. LTD., Canada.
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers, planers, & other production equipment.
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
Must have High School Diploma or GED
Requires own basic tools
Safety orientated and comply with ZES
Prefer minimum two years verifiable work experience as a Millwright
Welding experience (GMAW and/or SMAW)
Cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
Must be able to work night/day shift
Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check and background check
West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans.
West Fraser provides off-site training so that employees can progress through training levels to increase their pay up to $10 more/hr.
- Minimum of $21.50/hr. to $24.60/hr. starting
West Fraser Employees must apply by your UltiPro Account (https://t11.ultipro.ca/).
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D