Are you ready to discover opportunity with one of North America’s most successful forest companies? West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company and listed on the TSX. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser’s Ranger Board MDF division is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of:
This role offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our Maintenance team. This position requires an individual who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge to maintaining industrial machinery, conveyors and mechanical systems associated with the manufacturing of forestry products. Preventative and predictive maintenance practices and zone based maintenance are an integral part of our Maintenance program. At Ranger Board MDF safety is a core value and business priority.
Our ideal candidate must possess:
• Journeyman certificate
• Strong working knowledge of maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, hydraulics, etc.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with computers and CMMS systems
• Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
• Previous experience working in an industrial environment would be an asset
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and reference check
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We are committed to environmental excellence, workplace safety and sustaining operating leadership through profitability and continued investments.
Ranger Board is a Medium Density Fibre (MDF) Board facility located near Blue Ridge and is an hour and half North West of Edmonton, Alberta.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.