West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers five years in a row, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Quesnel River Pulp division in Quesnel, BC, has an immediate opening for the dynamic role of:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent and Maintenance Manager, the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor has responsibility for a crew of tradespeople and all maintenance of mechanical equipment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Holding safety paramount in all endeavors
- All duties related to the leadership and supervision of a crew of approximately 25 tradespeople
- Working in collaboration with the Maintenance Superintendent, Mechanical Planner, Production and Electrical Departments
- Developing, prioritizing, and ensuring all production and maintenance objectives are met
An ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years of experience as a mechanical tradesperson in an industrial setting (forestry or equivalent preferred)
- Experience leading teams of trades people
- An interest in mentoring and developing employees
- Supervisory skills including administrative, communication, and scheduling, or equivalent
- Examples of improving reliability and developing preventative maintenance plans
- Training in computerized maintenance management software (Maximo preferred) and MS Office
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, organization, planning, and decision-making skills
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, online through our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.