West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Our Hinton Pulp division in Hinton, AB, has an immediate opening for the dynamic role of:
MATERIALS & PURCHASING SUPERINTENDENT
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the warehouse operations, procurement activities and direct supervision of stores personnel employees. This position also ensures that all capital, maintenance and general goods and services required by the mill are procured and administered in compliance with corporate and company purchasing policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervises direct reports, including coaching, developing, and managing performance
- Supervises all procurement activities and participates in high value, high risk activities for all purchases
- Works closely with maintenance team to ensure all inventory is managed at required levels
- Negotiating of supply contracts for the division in collaboration with Corporate Purchasing
- Responsible for surplus/obsolete inventory management
- Manage vendor relationships
- Supports and participates in the Division’s safety programs
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Supply Chain Management Association of Canada certification
- A minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years purchasing experience preferably in a pulp mill or related forestry industry
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Strong planning, organizational skills, and decision making skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- A detailed and proactive approach to work, with a high level of motivation
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.