West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company and listed on the TSX. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, pension plan and relocation package. Our Corporate Operations head office in Quesnel, BC is currently seeking a high caliber:
As a key part of the team, your role will be responsible for maintaining processes, tools and controls to ensure data is clean and consistent to support business process transactions and reporting needs.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Working across functions and departments to ensure we are enabling West Fraser’s goal in realizing value through treating data as a corporate asset,
- Ensuring that the master data and associated documents are entered accurately and in a timely manner in required systems,
- Monitoring and managing data control plans to ensure processes are followed and data is clean and consistent,
- Providing data leadership and expertise across business functions,
- Communicating changes of data standards, naming conventions and valid values,
- Delivering data governance processes,
- Travel as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4 to 7 years of Product and Customer MDM experience,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new systems,
- Excellent teamwork, people skills and positive attitude,
- Well-established organizational skills, strong sense of urgency and results orientated,
- Proven ability to assess risks and controls and identify opportunities for improvement,
- Ability to influence all levels of staff,
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Considered an asset:
- Experience in the forest products industry
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP systems
- Skills in project and change management
West Fraser is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America, with annual sales of $5 billion dollars. West Fraser is diversified in both products and geography. The company has lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the southeast U.S. We believe that our people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.