Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the role of:
- Direct maintenance personnel in carrying out assigned work in a safe and efficient manner with respect to completion, productivity, quality and housekeeping
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled jobs into daily schedules according to manpower, materials, tools and equipment
- Estimate work orders for material, manpower, tool and equipment requirement
- Conduct meetings for safety, labour relations, training and accident investigations
- Cost control of estimated work orders for tradesman material usage
- Overseeing working in a safe manner and ensuring mill and regulator policies are followed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Journeyperson certification in a trade
- High school graduation
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
A strong asset:
- Heavy duty mechanic ticket
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development and advancement, as well as the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your cover letter at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.