West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
A successful candidate will have excellent organizational and documentation skills, be self-directed and confident in their decision-making abilities.
- Take ownership of improving uptime and decreasing downtime
- Provide hands on technical expertise to increase and maintain plant operations
- Develop and implement strategies that drive continuous improvement and support all elements of plant mechanical/electrical functions
- Comprehensive understanding of PM’s, PDM’s and reliability centered maintenance
- Advance the knowledge and skill development for the maintenance and operational teams to maintain an optimum operational focus
- Provide support to the mill to ensure objectives in safety, quality, production and cost are being met
- Performing root cause and gap analysis
- Manages and develops relationships with project-equipment supplier(s) and contractors
- Tenaciously effective problem-solver applying data-based critical thinking to make decisions
- Engaged team player; able to build good working relationships
- Use of Microsoft Office suite as well as effective oral and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and indirectly influence skills
- Five years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems in a sawmill or in industrial manufacturing
- A minimum of (3) years of industrial operations and/or manufacturing experience
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment (with or without reasonable accommodations), including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Experience with preventative maintenance procedures
- Able to interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- Familiar with OSHA regulations and the National Electric Code
- 2 or 4 year degree in related field would be a plus
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Supervisory experience
- Team building and motivational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Leadership qualities
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)