West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward- leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking a:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position requires a great deal of maintenance experience with strong safety, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Exemplify a strong commitment to safety through actions and leadership
- Provide effective leadership to a team of Maintenance Supervisors in order to achieve business results (safety, reliability, cost, quality)
- Maintain and improve existing business processes in the maintenance department
- Ensure department alignment with asset management policy
- Promote cross-functional relationships in the mill
- Utilize common PC applications to perform administrative duties (CMMS, MS Office, payroll systems, etc.)
- Contribute to the development and execution of the annual maintenance budget
- Lead recruitment, development and retention of maintenance supervisors and their tradespeople
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering degree or Journeyman trade certificate; any other mechanically based post-secondary education may be considered;
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Previous experience in a Kraft Pulp Mill and/or unionized environment are considered strong assets
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills; leadership, vision, dedication & communication
- Must possess knowledge of maintenance management systems
- The desire to lead, progress, learn, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of integrity, respect, humility, hard work, and frugality
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes East of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.