West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
This position is responsible for planning and scheduling the execution of maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled jobs into daily schedules according to manpower, materials, tools and equipment
- Estimate work orders for material, manpower, tool and equipment requirement
- Manage maintenance costs
- Implement preventative maintenance programs
The successful candidate must:
- A valid journeyman trade certificate
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in either a pulpmill or heavy industrial setting is preferred
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.