West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
This position is responsible for planning and scheduling the execution of maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Estimate work orders for material, manpower, tools and equipment requirements.
- Creates Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Repair job plans.
- Revise Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Repair job plans based on feedback provided during execution.
- Lead the Planning and Scheduling work team daily update meetings
- Manage the maintenance backlog, by leading review meetings, reviewing new work orders to ensure there is enough information to proceed with planning, working with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator to prioritize the backlog and reporting Key Performance Indicators to drive process improvement.
- Coordinating contract services for weekly routine and shutdown work.
- Coordinate scheduled jobs into weekly schedules according to manpower, materials, tools and equipment.
- Distribute the weekly schedule along with work packages for all scheduled jobs to the maintenance supervisor.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A valid journeyman trade certificate or Bachelors in Applied Science/Engineering
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in either a pulpmill or heavy industrial setting is preferred
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, with a preference given to a candidate with Maximo and MS Project experience.
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.hinton.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.