West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Utility position is an entry level role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions.
Entry level responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Sweep, pick up debris, dispose of all sawdust and dropped lumber in the work area
- Work under the direction of the supervisor
- Relieve production operator positions
- Train on various machinery
- Adhere to all mill safety policies and procedures
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required skills and experience include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work in hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Ability to bend, twist, lift, climb, stand throughout the duration of the shift
- Ability to work rotating shifts, holidays and weekends
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Minimum of six (6) months in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment background, drug screen, and physical
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including: medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans.
All persons meeting that criteria above are encourage to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free