West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers five years, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Chetwynd Forest Industries Team has an opportunity for a full time, seasonal:
Reporting to the Log Yard Supervisor, the Log Scaler will be responsible for weighing and stratifying log trucks at the sawmill scales, scaling and assessing log quality while maintaining an unwavering focus on safety. West Fraser will provide training for the right candidate.
- BC Interior Metric Scaling License or weighmaster certification (training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Experience in log scaling and log quality assessment
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Valid BC drivers license
- Able to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Weigh Wiz
- Able to work a variety of hours
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Commitment to safe work practices
Chetwynd is a growing, family-friendly community located on the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains and offers excellent year round recreational activities. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Chetwynd area. To learn more visit: http://www.gochetwynd.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.