Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join our team. Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the exciting role of:
Key responsibilities include:
- Directing an area team consisting of engineering, process, and maintenance resources
- Leads or facilitates problem solving meetings to investigate deviations from safety, quality and reliability targets, and executing the timely implementation of action plans to prevent future deviations
- Planning and organizing major and area shutdowns in the recaust/kiln area
- Organizing the repair and capital work in the recaust/kiln area by priority, communicating with maintenance to produce the weekly work list and area and major shutdown work lists in co-operation with the other area superintendents
- Participating in improving all aspects of the operation of the area, including convening operations optimization meetings, investigating new technology and methods, etc.
- Initiating work orders and purchase requisitions to mobilize the work and services needed to address the requirements of the operating equipment and the physical structure
- Identifying competencies and establishing and developing training requirements for the operating crews
- Developing and meeting a department budget
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures
- A minimum of five years progressive industrial experience
- Strong and proven leadership, planning, budgeting and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well established organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding team player and team building skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience in a pulp mill or related process industry
- A post-secondary technical degree, preferably in mechanical or chemical engineering
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement, and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.